Deputy Registrar/Assistant Registrar:
Number of Vacancy: 1
Canadian University of Bangladesh is seeking applications from candidates with the following credentials for the position of Deputy Registrar/Assistant Registrar.
- Strategic Management
- To ensure that the Academic Registry provides a directed, proactive, high standard of service and expertise in relation to student conduct, complaints, concession applications, academic verification, appeals and independent review (student conduct and appeals);
- To develop and monitor key performance indicators (KPIs) to review how matters relating to student conduct and appeals reflect on the proper implementation
- To monitor and refine the effectiveness of University’s presentation and communication of key information to students and program teams
- To participate in and advise on such matters and projects as the implementation of the new student information system as may arise from time to time.
B. Leadership and Liaison
- To lead by example providing a professional positive and constructive image to Registry staff, academic colleagues and students;
- To support the development of staff through informal and formal methods including day to day guidance and structured training, and to conduct appraisals;
- To provide clear direction to staff, fostering a flexible team-working approach, establishing responsive, effective and efficient working practices and a proactive approach to new issues and challenges;
- To liaise with and advise relevant staffs & faculty members within the University to ensure that matters relating to student conduct and appeals and related matters of institutional compliance are communicated and coordinated effectively.
C. Operational Management
- To manage and coordinate all compliance works, always seeking to identify and implement continuous improvement of our policies and processes;
- To liaise with other relevant senior staff to ensure the efficient and effective exchange of information and the execution of procedures relating to the work of the Office and to provide relevant, accurate and detailed data to support internal monitoring and external reporting requirements;
- To oversee the maintenance of relevant areas of content on the University’s learning Environment, Intranet and Website;
- To direct and manage the administration of:
• Academic Appeals,
• Academic Misconduct
• Independent Review
including correspondence with students and panel members and acting appointing, or acting as, the secretary to the relevant panels and boards.
- In association with the Registrar, to assist in the establishment and coordination of central records of validated programs and modules, ensure these are accurately recorded and maintained in the new student record system, and published online for internal and external purposes.
- To liaise with external bodies such as UGC, Ministry of Education, Employers, Donors, Research Organizations, Press & Media, APUB and other relevant organizations.
- To plan and supervise the University’s orientation ceremonies, graduation ceremonies and other events;
- To act as secretary to such University’s boards and committees as may be required from time to time;
- To contribute to, and fully participate in the process of ensuring the University maintains it’s Degree awarding powers;
- To undertake such other duties as may be reasonably expected and/or assigned by the Registrar from time to time.
This is a busy and demanding position requiring a proactive and positive approach towards providing high quality and effective management.
Education & Experience
You should possess:
- A Master’s degree or equivalent level qualification
- Minimum 5 years of relevant experience (Candidates without relevant experience need not apply)
- Good planning and organizational skills and understanding;
- Experience of the management of staff and departmental processes and of developing and maintaining records systems, operational procedures and management tools;
- A good understanding of governance and decision-making processes;
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Outlook, Word, Excel,
- Close familiarity with the UGC’s guidelines and rules.
You should be:
- Highly organized and efficient with the ability to multi-task and organize others;
- Excellent attention to detail and deadlines;
- Excellent oral and written communication skills and ability to professionally represent senior management;
- Ability to filter information and assess priorities;
- Proven analytical skills – the ability to assimilate detailed information and identify key issues;
- Ability to identify areas for, design and implement process improvement and have a familiarity with process driven environments. Ability to prioritize and manage own workload amid conflicting demands and busy work periods;
- Ability to think ahead and anticipate needs before they arise.
You must have the:
- Ability to work under pressure and be flexible
- Ability to develop and maintain good working relationships at all levels, including during difficult or challenging circumstances;
- Ability to exercise discretion in dealing with confidential or sensitive matters, and be able to deliver difficult messages with diplomacy and tact;
And you must be:
- Confident and able to work on own initiative.
Job Nature: Full-time
Job Location: Dhaka
Salary Range: Negotiable
Please apply by 31st of August with a cover letter, Scanned copies of certificates and CV indicating the position on the subject line of the E-mail at: [email protected]
Position Title: Assistant Controller of Examinations
Duties and Responsibilities
- Develop and update examination rules and regulations in line with Academic Council/ Syndicate decision(s).
- Manage the overall administration of all examinations.
- Prepare and announce in advance the calendar of examinations
- To arrange for printing of question papers
- To arrange for the timely publication of result of examinations and other tests
- Develop examination strategies in accordance with University policies.
- Verify the authenticity of admitted students’ academic certificates.
- Prepare and distribute admit cards
- Ensure attendance sheets are updated in the University’s ERP (UMS)
- Prepare blank answer scripts and distribute the same to respective department(s) on the date of exam.
- Ensure supervision of examination duties.
- Postpone or cancel examinations, in part or in whole in the event of malpractices or it the circumstances so warrant, and take disciplinary action or initiate any civil or criminal proceeding against any person or a group of persons or an institution alleged to have committed malpractices.
- Take disciplinary action where necessary against the candidates, paper-setters, examiners, moderators, or any other persons connected with examinations and found guilty of malpractices in relations to the examinations.
- Review from time to time, the results of University examinations and forward reports thereon to the Academic Council.
- Any other duties assigned by the Registrar or Pro Vice Chancellor from time to time.
Educational Requirements: Masters/MBA in any discipline from a reputed University
- At least 5 years of relevant experience (candidates without relevant experience need not apply)
- Fluency in spoken and written English is compulsory
- Condition may be relaxed in case of highly competent candidate.
Salary: As per university policy
Jobs Application Deadline: 31st of August 2017.
Job Nature: Full Time
Job Location: Dhaka
Please send your application along with complete CV to Registrar, Canadian University of Bangladesh, Plot #99, Road # 11, Block # C, Dhaka-1213 along with two recent passport size photographs and copies of all academic and experience certificates or email to [email protected]
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted